Member? Please login
2020-2021 BCCJ Executive Committee Elections – NOMINATIONS OPEN!
Do you have the ambition and drive to steer one of Japan’s most active and influential business organisations, at an exceptionally exciting time for UK-Japan relations? Read on . .
The nomination period for BCCJ 2020-2021 Executive Committee (Excom) and Presidential elections begins today, February 14, 2020.
What does this mean?
The BCCJ office will be accepting self-nominations from members who are interested in stepping up to become Excom representatives for Chamber year 2020-2021.
What makes a good Excom candidate?
We are looking for candidates who:
- are interested in contributing to the future of UK-Japan relations
- are working in a position of leadership for a British or Japanese company.
BCCJ aspires to be a diverse and inclusive organization. Nominations are welcomed from all our members, regardless of gender or nationality.
What’s the timeline?
The timeline is as follows:
- Feb 14 – Mar 27
Excom nomination period: BCCJ office accepts completed 2019-2020 Excom nomination forms
- Apr 03 – Apr 20
Excom election period: BCCJ nominated representatives can vote for their prefered 2020-21 Executive Committee via an online poll, or by post/proxy
- April 27
BCCJ Annual General Meeting: 2020-2021 Excom to be announced
SUBMIT A NOMINATION!
How do I nominate myself for an Excom role?
If you would like to nominate yourself for a BCCJ Executive Committee role and / or the role of BCCJ President, please complete the form below:
***NOMINATION FORM HERE***
Summary of Nomination Form
1. Your details
2. Your pledge to Excom and BCCJ members (including which taskforce you would like to join)
3. Your nominees (proposer and seconder)
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: MARCH 27 (FRI) AT 1700
– The Excom is run by a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 members.
– If the number of candidates for the Excom election is fifteen (15) or fewer, no election will be held.
– All Excom candidates must adhere to the same format in preparing campaign pledges (a maximum of 100 words, as specified on the nomination form). Beyond this, any campaigning or electioneering by candidates is not permitted. Any candidate found to be in breach of this requirement shall have his / her candidacy invalidated and be disqualified. For full details please refer to Clause 7 (b) (vi) of the BCCJ Constitution HERE
Join the BCCJ Annual General Meeting 2020
How has the BCCJ performed over the past 12 months? What value have we delivered for you and our 200+ member companies? And who will be elected to lead the Chamber through this next year – a truly exciting time for UK-Japan relations?
We warmly encourage all BCCJ members to attend our Annual General Meeting (AGM) taking place from 18:30 on April 27 (Monday) 2020.
The evening’s formal agenda includes:
- receipt of the Chairman’s Annual Report
- receipt of the Statement of Accounts
- election of Executive Committee**
- election of President
- appointment of Certified Public Accountants