Member? Please login
BBA 2022: Award Applications NOW OPEN!
Written by BCCJ
July 29, 2022
British Business Awards
For fifteen years, the BCCJ’s British Business Awards (BBA) have been acknowledging, celebrating and rewarding the best of UK-Japan business relationships.
Now, in the lead up to the highly-anticipated BBA 2022, to be held on the evening of November 2nd at the Conrad Tokyo in an exciting hybrid format, you have the opportunity to apply with your own company – or nominate another – for a chance to be crowned one of our seven “BBA winners”.
Supported by the BCCJ’s key partners and a range of member companies and friends, the BBA 2022 provides a fantastic platform for companies and individuals to gain recognition for their achievements from the past 12 months.
We are pleased to announce that the BBA 2022 theme is
The BBA 2022 application categories are:
Winning a BBA trophy is a significant endorsement of an organisation’s projects, initiatives, results, and achievements. BBA winners are acknowledged as industry leaders and named the best-in-class in their respective categories. Winning a BBA is a valuable measure of success that can be used in a variety of communications – creating positive publicity, exciting organisational profiling and heightened credibility among your industry peers, investors, clients, customers and the wider community.
All BBA 2022 applicants will enjoy:
- pre-event publicity
- on-the-night publicity
BBA 2022 winners will receive a variety of promotional benefits including:
- exposure on BCCJ website and BCCJ-owned social media channels
- priority mentions in relevant industry media throughout subsequent years
Applying for a British Business Award 2022 is simple
- Click on the category you would like to apply for
- Fill out the PDF form*
- Submit your form to: [email protected] (deadline of October 14 2022)
- Company of the Year
- UK-Japan Partnership
- Entrepreneur of the Year
- UK Alumni of the Year
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Champion of the Year
- Responsible Business
- Digital & Tech Innovation
*We strongly recommend completing your form on a PDF reader other than your web browser.
Deadline for applications: 1700 on October 14, 2022
- Can I apply with my own company?
Yes, the BBA welcome self-applications, provided your organisation meets the criteria in your chosen category. You can also nominate another company for an Award.
- Can non-BCCJ members apply?
Yes, the BBAs is an inclusive showcase of British and Japanese business excellence. As long as your organisation matches one of the following criteria, your organisation is eligible to apply for a BBA:
– Japan-based and UK-owned firm
– Japan-based firm, organisation or individual with significant UK links
- Does it cost to apply?
There is no cost attached to submitting a BBA application.
- Can my company apply for more than 1 award?
Applications are limited to 2 categories per company.
BBA 2022 categories
The BBA recognises excellence and promotes success across all industry sectors, and acclaims the important socially responsible contributions made by companies through their commitment to community and ethical behaviour.
This year, judges will be looking for winners who:
- are an example of excellence, innovation and best practice;
- drive employee engagement and stakeholder motivation;
- contribute to the community; and
- have shown a commitment to our core BCCJ 5.0 pillars: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Digital & Technological Innovation, and Responsible Business.
This year’s seven Award categories are:
Company of the Year
Company of the Year applicants are required to show excellence and innovation across their organisation in Japan, focusing on outstanding achievements in the past 12 months.
Applicants should be joint ventures, alliances, or other partnerships that have made demonstrable contributions to the enhancement of the UK-Japan economic or commercial relationship over the past 12 months.
Entrepreneur of the Year
Applicants should be individuals who exemplify entrepreneurialism and have created commercial success through an enterprising spirit. Applicants will typically be leading non-listed organisations in Japan with 25 employees or fewer.
UK Alumni of the Year
Open to individuals of any nationality who have studied at a UK higher education institution and are now working in Japan. Applicants should demonstrate how their educational background in the UK has contributed to achievements in their professional field.
Open to any eligible company that has driven exceptionally effective responsible business (social/environmental) programmes or initiatives in Japan over the past 12 months. Applicants should not be NPOs.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Open to any eligible company that has driven exceptionally effective Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives, services or solutions in Japan over the past 12 months. Applicants should not be NPOs.
Open to any eligible company that has driven exceptionally effective Digital / Technology Innovation, services or solutions in Japan over the past 12 months.
Applications for the BBA 2022 must be one or more of the following:
- British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ) Member
- UK-owned and Japan-based firm
- Japan-based firm or individual with significant UK links
- Cover all application criteria for the category concerned – included on application form(s)
- Be sent in an email attachment in PDF format along with a high resolution company logo to: [email protected]
- Reach the BCCJ office by the deadline of October 14 1700, 2022
GOOD LUCK TO ALL BBA 2022 APPLICANTS!
We are looking forward to celebrating your success, and to (re)connecting with you all on the evening of Wednesday, November 2.