Member? Please login
BBA 2023: Award Applications NOW OPEN!
Written by BCCJ
August 1, 2023
British Business Awards
The BCCJ’s British Business Awards (BBA) acknowledges, celebrates and rewards the achievements of companies and individuals who have demonstrated excellence over the past year, showcasing the very best of UK-Japan business relationships.
Now, in the lead up to the highly-anticipated BBA 2023, to be held on the evening of November 2 at the Hilton Tokyo, you have the opportunity to apply with your own company – or nominate another – for a chance to be crowned one of our six “BBA winners”.
The BBA 2023 categories are:
Winning a BBA trophy is a significant endorsement of an organisation’s projects, initiatives, results, and achievements. BBA winners are acknowledged as industry leaders and named the best-in-class in their respective categories. Winning a BBA is a valuable measure of success that can be used in a variety of communications – creating positive publicity, exciting organisational profiling and heightened credibility among your industry peers, investors, clients, customers and the wider community.
All BBA 2023 applicants will enjoy:
- pre-event publicity
- on-the-night publicity
BBA 2023 winners will receive a variety of promotional benefits including:
- exposure on BCCJ website and BCCJ-owned social media channels
- priority mentions in relevant industry media throughout subsequent years
Applying for a British Business Award 2023 is simple:
- Click on the category you would like to apply for
- Cover all application criteria included on application form(s) for the category concerned
- Submit your form(s) by clicking “Submit” at the end of the application. All applicants will receive a confirmation email once submitted.
Deadline for applications: 1700JST on October 2, 2023
- Can I apply with my own company?
Yes, the BBA welcome self-applications, provided your organisation meets the criteria in your chosen category. You can also nominate another company for an Award.
- Can non-BCCJ members apply?
Yes, the BBAs is an inclusive showcase of British and Japanese business excellence. As long as your organisation matches one of the following criteria, your organisation is eligible to apply for a BBA:
– Japan-based and UK-owned firm
– Japan-based firm, organisation or individual with significant UK links
- Does it cost to apply?
There is no fee to submit a BBA application / nomination.
- Can my company apply for more than 1 award?
Applications / nominations are limited to 2 categories per company.
- Does applying / nominating someone for an award include a seat at the gala?
No, seats / tables must be purchased separately by following instructions on the BBA2023 event page.
BBA 2023 categories
The BBA recognises excellence and promotes success across all industry sectors, and acclaims the important socially responsible contributions made by companies through their commitment to community and ethical behaviour.
This year, judges will be looking for winners who:
- are an example of excellence, innovation and best practice;
- drive employee engagement and stakeholder motivation;
- contribute to the community; and
- have shown a commitment to the BCCJ’s core 5.0 pillars: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Digital & Technological Innovation; and Responsible Business.
This year’s six Award categories are:
Company of the Year
Company of the Year nominees are required to show excellence and innovation across their organisation in Japan, focusing on outstanding achievements in the past 12 months.
Nominees should be joint ventures, alliances, or other partnerships that have made demonstrable contributions to the enhancement of the UK-Japan economic or commercial relationship over the past 12 months.
Entrepreneur of the Year
Nominees should be individuals who exemplify entrepreneurialism and have created commercial success through an enterprising spirit. Nominees will typically be leading non-listed organisations in Japan with 25 employees or fewer.
Digi / Technology Innovation
Open to any eligible company that has driven exceptionally effective Digital / Technology Innovation, services or solutions in Japan over the past 12 months.
Open to any eligible company that has driven exceptionally effective responsible business (social/environmental) programmes or initiatives in Japan over the past 12 months. Nominees should not be NPOs.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Open to any eligible company that has driven exceptionally effective Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives, services or solutions in Japan over the past 12 months. Nominees should not be NPOs.
Applications for the BBA 2023 must be one or more of the following:
- British Chamber of Commerce in Japan (BCCJ) Member
- UK-owned and Japan-based firm
- Japan-based firm or individual with significant UK links
GOOD LUCK TO ALL BBA 2023 NOMINEES!
We are looking forward to celebrating your success, and to seeing you all on the evening of Thursday, November 2 at the Hilton Tokyo.