Member? Please login
BCCJ 2020-2021 Executive Committee Elections: what you need to know
Written by BCCJ
January 17, 2020
Community and Business
Do you have what it takes to steer one of Japan’s most active and influential business organisations? Read on . . .
The nomination period for the BCCJ 2020-2021 Executive Committee (Excom) and Presidential elections will begin next month in February, 2020.
This means that the BCCJ office will be accepting self-nominations from members who are interested in stepping up to become Excom representatives for Chamber year 2020-2021.
What makes a good Excom candidate?
We are looking for candidates who:
- are interested in contributing to the future of UK-Japan relations
- are working in a position of leadership for a British or Japanese company
BCCJ aspires to be a diverse and inclusive organisation. Nominations are welcomed from all our members, regardless of gender or nationality.
What’s the timeline?
The timeline is as follows (dates to be announced week commencing Jan 20):
- Feb – Mar
Excom nomination period: BCCJ office accepts completed 2020-2021 Excom nomination forms
- Mar – Apr
Excom election period: BCCJ nominated representatives can vote for their preferred 2020-21 Executive Committee via an online poll, or by post/proxy
BCCJ Annual General Meeting: 2020-2021 Excom to be announced
How do I nominate myself for an Excom role?
If you would like to nominate yourself for a BCCJ Executive Committee role and / or the role of BCCJ President, you will be able to complete the form when it goes live in Feb.
Summary of Nomination Form
1. Your details
2. Your pledge to Excom and BCCJ members (including which taskforce you would like to join)
3. Your nominees (proposer and seconder)
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: March 27
– The Excom is run by a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 members.
– If the number of candidates for the Excom election is fifteen (15) or fewer, no election will be held.
– All Excom candidates must adhere to the same format in preparing campaign pledges (a maximum of 100 words, as specified on the nomination form). Beyond this, any campaigning or electioneering by candidates is not permitted. Any candidate found to be in breach of this requirement shall have his / her candidacy invalidated and be disqualified. For full details please refer to Clause 7 (b) (vi) of the BCCJ Constitution HERE