Member? Please login
Welcome: Dale Carnegie TOKYO Training
Written by BCCJ
August 4, 2022
Incredibly, the Dale Carnegie Tokyo Franchise celebrates its 60th year in Japan next year and is the oldest continuously running corporate training company in Japan. Originally founded in 1912 in New York by Dale Carnegie, he became a global brand name, instantly recognizable, through the success of his best-seller “How to Win Friends And Influence People”. You would think we would all be brilliant at people skills and communication, thanks to the book and the training from Dale Carnegie, but it seems every generation has to learn the basics all over again. The focus of the training curriculums are on four core areas: Leadership, Communication, Sales and Presentations. Having been around for such a long time, the training curriculum is vast. Also, because the company is global, with offices in 100 countries, clients are constantly demanding that the content requirements are kept current and up to date – no cobwebs allowed!
In Japan, Dale Carnegie Tokyo brings global best practice together with local cultural and linguistic requirements. Customised courses make up 60% of the training delivered and the remaining 40% are standard core courses, which have stood the test of time in Japan. Because the name is foreign, there is often the assumption that the training is only in English. Many people are surprised to learn that 95% of the training is delivered in Japanese. The local Japanese company/multinational company client split is roughly 50/50. Fortuitously, Dale Carnegie in the US had been delivering training online since 2010, so the Covid-induced transition in Japan to add virtual delivery to in-person was completed at a very high level of sophistication, thanks to the HQ’s depth of experience. If you want to become persuasive and become really good with people, Dale Carnegie is the place to go.