Member? Please login
2021-2022 BCCJ Executive Committee Candidates
Written by BCCJ
April 9, 2021
Community and Business, Featured Article
2021-2022 British Chamber of Commerce (BCCJ) Executive Committee – 15 candidates
The nomination period for the BCCJ 2021-2022 Executive Committee (Excom) and Presidential elections opened on February 15.
Under our constitution, the Excom is run by a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 individuals.
As part of this year’s Annual General Meeting, 15 qualified and approved candidates will be elected to represent BCCJ members in the 2021-2022 chamber year. Since the number of candidates does not exceed 15, there will be no contested election.
MEET THE CANDIDATES!
The following 15 candidates, listed in alphabetical order of first names, have confirmed their willingness to serve on the 2021-2022 BCCJ Executive Committee.
First-time candidates are bolded.
- Alison Beale, University of Oxford Japan Office
- David Bickle, OBE, Deloitte Tohmatsu Tax Co. (candidate for President)
- Edward Weeks, HSBC
- Heather McLeish, Ernst & Young
- Iain Ferguson, Lloyd’s Japan Inc.
- James Dodds, KPMG
- James Nepalsingh, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Junko Kubokawa, Croda Japan K.K.
- Ken Katayama, Individual Member
- Kentaro Kiso, Barclays Securities Japan Ltd.
- Richard Lyle, Intralink K.K.
- Sarah Everitt Furuya, Sarah Furuya Coaching
- Sven Palys, Yuzu Kyodai
- Takuji Okubo, Economist Corporate Network
- Tove Kinooka, Global Perspectives K.K.
Of the above, David Bickle has indicated his willingness to serve for one year as President of the Chamber and Chair of the Executive Committee. David qualifies for, and is therefore proposed to serve as, President and Chair, conditional to his being elected onto Excom.
You can read each candidate’s pledge in our election booklet HERE
Chris Heffer (Director of UK Trade and Investment at the British Embassy Tokyo) and Matthew Knowles (Director of the British Council, Japan) will continue to represent their respective organisations as ex-officio members of Excom.
Annual (digital) General Meeting
The BCCJ’s Annual General Meeting 2021 will be taking place online from 1800-1900 on Tuesday, April 27. Further details will be announced shortly.
– All Excom candidates adhered to the same format in preparing campaign pledges for the Election Booklet – with a maximum of 100 words.
– BCCJ Constitution 7b (iii) If fifteen or fewer persons are nominated for election to the Executive Committee then, subject as provided below, no vote shall be taken and all of such candidates shall be deemed to be elected to the Executive Committee automatically.
– Excom role, and current Excom members HERE
– BCCJ Constitution HERE