Member? Please login
2019-2020 BCCJ Executive Committee CANDIDATES
Written by BCCJ
April 5, 2019
Community and Business
2019-2020 British Chamber of Commerce (BCCJ) Executive Committee – 15 candidates
The nomination period for the BCCJ 2019-2020 Executive Committee (Excom) and Presidential elections opened on February 18.
Under our constitution, the Excom is run by a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 individuals.
At this year’s Annual General Meeting (Roppongi Hills Club, April 24, 1830+), 15 qualified and approved candidates will be elected to represent BCCJ members in the 2019-2020.
Since the number of candidates does not exceed 15, no election will be held.
BCCJ members are invited to welcome these 15 candidates at our 2019 AGM on April 24.
The following 15 candidates, listed in alphabetical order, have confirmed their willingness to serve on the 2019-2020 BCCJ Executive Committee.
Candidates who served on the 2019-2020 Excom are indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Alison Beale, University of Oxford Japan Office*
- David Bickle, Deloitte Tohmatsu Tax Co. (President)*
- James Dodds, KPMG*
- Will Farquhar, Aston Martin Japan*
- Iain Ferguson, Lloyd’s Japan Inc.*
- Susumu Kaminaga, Individual Member*
- Tove Kinooka, Global Perspectives K.K.*
- Kentaro Kiso, Barclays Securities Japan Limited
- Dr. Florian Kohlbacher, The Economist Group*
- Paul Lirette, GlaxoSmithKline KK
- Heather McLeish, EY Japan*
- Reiko Sakimura, Clifford Chance Law Office*
- Noriko Silvester, Candlewick Co., Ltd.*
- Richard Thornley, CBE Individual Member*
- Trevor Webster, Taylor Brunswick K.K.*
Of the above, David Bickle has indicated his willingness to serve for one year as President of the Chamber and Chair of the Executive Committee. David qualifies for, and is therefore proposed to serve as, President and Chair, conditional to his being elected onto Excom.
You can read each candidate’s pledge in our election booklet – here!
Chris Heffer (Director of UK Trade and Investment at the British Embassy Tokyo) and Matt Burney (Director of the British Council, Japan) will continue to represent their respective organisations as ex-officio members of Excom.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
Members: please sign up below to secure a spot at our AGM, on April 27 – when the 2016-2017 Excom members will be formally announced:
April 24, 1830-2000
Roppongi Hills Club
MORE INFO AND BOOKING
– All Excom candidates adhered to the same format in preparing campaign pledges for the Election Booklet – with a maximum of 100 words.
– Please note that you must be logged into the BCCJ website to view some of the above members-only content.
– BCCJ Constitution 7b (iii) If fifteen or fewer persons are nominated for election to the Executive Committee then, subject as provided below, no vote shall be taken and all of such candidates shall be deemed to be elected to the Executive Committee automatically.
– Excom role, and current Excom members HERE
– BCCJ Constitution HERE