Member? Please login
BCCJ Excom Elections 2015-2016 NOW OPEN
Written by BCCJ
April 20, 2015
Online election will run from April 10-22 2015
By the 2015-2016 Executive Committee nomination deadline, March 25 1700, we had received 18 nominations that met constitutional guidelines; 18 candidates agreed to enter a contested election.
Under our constitution, the Excom is run by a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 individuals. At this year’s Annual General Meeting (Shangri-La Hotel Tokyo, April 27, 1830+), there will therefore be a total of 18 qualified and approved candidates competing for 15 Excom seats.
BCCJ members with voting rights (1 nominated representative from BCCJ member companies and all individual members) have now been asked to vote in a contested election, which will run from April 10-22 2015.
The following 18 candidates, listed in alphabetical order, have confirmed their willingness to serve on the 2015-2016 BCCJ Executive Committee. Candidates who served on the 2014-2015 Excom are indicated by an asterisk (*).
Alison Beale, University of Oxford Japan Office
David Bickle, Deloitte Touche Tomatsu Tax Co.* (candidate for President)
Jonty Brunner, British Airways*
Steve Crane, Business Link Japan
Graham Davis, Individual Member*
James Dodds, KPMG*
Simon Farrell, Custom Media K.K.*
Philippe Fauchet, GSK K.K.
Iain Ferguson, Lloyd’s Japan Inc.*
Jeremy Gibb, Norton Rose Fulbright
George Johnson, Harvey Nash PLC
Susumu Kaminaga, Individual Member*
Struan MacKay, CDSi K.K.
Reiko Sakimura, Clifford Chance Law Office*
Ajab Samrai, Ogilvy & Mather (Japan) Group*
John Short, Kreab Gavin Anderson
Richard Thornley, CBE, Individual Member*
Trevor Webster, deVere Group Tokyo K.K.
Of the above, David Bickle has indicated his willingness to serve for one year as President of the Chamber and Chair of the Executive Committee. David qualifies for, and is therefore proposed to serve as, President and Chair, conditional to his being elected onto Excom.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
Members: please sign up below to secure a spot at our AGM – when the Excom election results will be announced – on April 27.
April 27, 1830-2000
MORE INFO AND BOOKING
– March 12-25: Excom Nomination period NOW CLOSED
– April 10-23: Election (voting) period IN PROCESS
– April 27: BCCJ AGM (Shangri-La, 1830)
– All Excom candidates must adhere to the same format in preparing campaign pledges for the Election Booklet – with a maximum of 100 words. Beyond this, any campaigning or electioneering by candidates is not permitted. Any candidate found to be in breach of this requirement shall have his / her candidacy invalidated and be disqualified. For full details please refer to Clause 7 (b) (vi) of the BCCJ Constitution HERE.”
– All voters have now been sent an email which includes a dedicated URL for the voting page.
(Please note that you must be logged into the BCCJ website to view some of the above members-only content.)