Member? Please login
2016-17 BCCJ Executive Committee CANDIDATES
Written by Sterling Content
March 28, 2016
2016-2017 British Chamber of Commerce (BCCJ) Executive Committee – 15 candidates
The nomination period for the BCCJ 2016-2017 Executive Committee (Excom) and Presidential elections opened on February 22.
By the nomination deadline, March 25 at 1700, we had received 15 nominations that met constitutional guidelines.
Under our constitution, the Excom is run by a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 individuals.
At this year’s Annual General Meeting (Shangri-La Hotel Tokyo, April 27, 1830+), 15 qualified and approved candidates will be elected to represent BCCJ members in the 2016-2017.
Since the number of candidates does not exceed 15, no election will be held.
BCCJ members are invited to welcome these 15 candidates at our AGM on April 27.
The following 15 candidates, listed in alphabetical order, have confirmed their willingness to serve on the 2016-2017 BCCJ Executive Committee.
Candidates who served on the 2015-2016 Excom are indicated by an asterisk (*).
- Alison Beale, University of Oxford Japan Office*
- David Bickle, Deloitte Touche Tomatsu Tax Co.* (candidate for President)
- Jonty Brunner, British Airways*
- Steve Crane, Business Link Japan*
- James Dodds, KPMG*
- Simon Farrell, Custom Media K.K.*
- Philippe Fauchet, OBE, GSK K.K.*
- Iain Ferguson, Lloyd’s Japan Inc.*
- Emily Le Roux, Michael Page
- Guy Perryman, Guy Perryman
- Reiko Sakimura, Clifford Chance Law Office*
- Noriko Silvester, Candlewick
- David Swan, Robert Walters
- Richard Thornley, CBE, Individual Member*
- Trevor Webster, Individual Member*
Of the above, David Bickle has indicated his willingness to serve for one year as President of the Chamber and Chair of the Executive Committee. David qualifies for, and is therefore proposed to serve as, President and Chair, conditional to his being elected onto Excom.
You can read each candidate’s pledge in our election booklet – here!
Chris Heffer (Director of UK Trade and Investment at the British Embassy Tokyo) and Matt Burney (Director of the British Council, Japan) will continue to represent their respective organisations as ex-officio members of Excom.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
Members: please sign up below to secure a spot at our AGM, on April 27 – when the 2016-2017 Excom members will be formally announced:
April 27, 1830-2000
MORE INFO AND BOOKING
TIMELINE – 2016
– February 22-25: Excom Nomination period NOW CLOSED (15 nominations received)
– April 27: BCCJ AGM (Shangri-La, 1830)
– All Excom candidates adhered to the same format in preparing campaign pledges for the Election Booklet – with a maximum of 100 words.
– Please note that you must be logged into the BCCJ website to view some of the above members-only content.
– BCCJ Constitution 7b (iii) If fifteen or fewer persons are nominated for election to the Executive Committee then, subject as provided below, no vote shall be taken and all of such candidates shall be deemed to be elected to the Executive Committee automatically.
– Excom role, and current Excom members HERE
– BCCJ Constitution HERE