Member? Please login
2014-2015 BCCJ Excom Elections NOW OPEN
Written by BCCJ
April 9, 2014
Past Event Round Ups
2014-2015 Executive Committee Election to run from April 9-21
By the 2014-2015 Executive Committee nomination deadline (March 26 1700) we had received a record 27 nominations that met constitutional guidelines; 25 candidates agreed to enter a contested election.
Under our constitution, the Executive Committee is run by a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 15 individuals. At this year’s Annual General Meeting to be held at the Shangri-La Hotel Tokyo on the evening of April 25 (Thur), there will therefore be a total of 25 qualified and approved candidates competing for 15 Excom seats, creating THE most competitive election in our 65 year history.
BCCJ members with voting rights (1 nominated representative from BCCJ member companies and all individual members) have now been asked to vote in a contested election, which will run from April 9-21.
The following 25 candidates, listed in alphabetical order, have confirmed their willingness to serve on the 2014-2015 BCCJ Executive Committee. Candidates who served on the 2013-2014 Excom are indicated by an asterisk (*):
- David Bickle, Deloitte Touche Tomatsu*
- Jonty Brunner, British Airways*
- Graham Davis, Individual Member*
- James Dodds, KPMG*
- Simon Farrell, Custom Media K.K.*
- Iain Ferguson, Lloyd’s Japan Inc.
- Tony Ford, Oxford Instruments KK
- Philip T. Gibb, OBE, Individual Member*
- Shai Greenberg, DTZ Debenham Tie Leung K.K.
- Brian M. Gregory, SCT Inc.
- Ashley Harvey, Visit Britain
- Mireille Watanabe Handover, Lumina Learning Asia
- Alison Jambert, Eat creative k.k.*
- Susumu Kaminaga, Individual Member
- Yoko Kosugi, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- Richard Lyle, Intralink KK
- Anna Pinsky, Individual Member*
- Suzanne Price, Price Global*
- Reiko Sakimura, Clifford Chance Law Office*
- Ajab Samrai, Ogilvy & Mather (Japan) GK
- Richard Thornley, CBE, Individual Member*
- Trevor Webster, deVere Group Tokyo KK
- James Weeks, Kreab Gavin Anderson K.K.*
- Robert Williams, Individual Member
- Haruno Yoshida, BT Japan Corporation*
Of the above, David Bickle has indicated his willingness to serve for one year as President of the Chamber and Chair of the Executive Committee. David qualifies for, and is therefore proposed to serve as, President and Chair, conditional to his being elected onto Excom.
Members: please sign up below to secure a spot at our Annual General Meeting – when the Excom election results will be announced – on April 23.
– March 13-26: Excom Nomination period NOW CLOSED
– April 9-21: Election (voting) period IN PROCESS
– April 23: BCCJ AGM (Shangri-La, 1830)
MORE INFO AND BOOKING
– All Excom candidates must adhere to the same format in preparing campaign pledges for the Election Booklet – with a maximum of 100 words. Beyond this, any campaigning or electioneering by candidates is not permitted. Any candidate found to be in breach of this requirement shall have his / her candidacy invalidated and be disqualified. For full details please refer to Clause 7 (b) (vi) of the revised Constitution HERE.”
(Please note that you must be logged into the BCCJ website to view some of the above members-only content.)